It doesn’t take much. There are numerous ways you can get involved with us. Here’s how you can help refugees today:
- Set up a fundraising event. Run a half marathon, go for a sponsored swim, put on raffle or a garage sale – whatever takes your fancy! BMYCharity.com makes it really easy for your supporters to donate – just register your event, spread the word, and your friends, family and colleagues can all donate securely online. Vist BMYCharity.com/UNHCR for more information. If you would like to use UNHCR materials and resources (banners, vests, posters etc) please email us and we will send you a registration form.
- Make a donation which can help more refugee children attend school, buy new shelters or provide vital healthcare. You can donate online today.
- Write to your MP to help raise awareness of UNHCR’s work and the plight of refugees and other forcibly displaced persons.
- Sign-up to UNHCR’s e-newsletter.
- Intern or volunteer for us.
- Promote positive coverage of refugees in the local media.
- Invite UNHCR staff to speak at your place of employment. UNHCR is pleased to explore and develop partnerships. Please contact us for more information.
- Leave a lasting legacy. Consider bequeathing a gift to help UNHCR secure a better future for refugees.
- Support our campaigns and events. For more information on our campaign to help Somali refugees visit www.givethemshelter.org.